Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Self Portrait as a Panda in a Bumper Car




I choose a panda because they are quite, seem to be shy and kinda appear lazy most of the time. I put the panda in a bumper car because bumper cars are usually bright, loud and draw lots of attention. Those two things seem to contradict each other and at times so does my personality.
My experiences using clay in the past has mostly just been making coil pots and playing around in middle school art, never a real sculpture. Since we painted out projects only one color i had to really think about the textures i would have to make to show the different parts of fur on the panda and the different parts of the bumper car. I didn't have much of a problem with the structure of my sculpture because i was able to build both thing separately and then attach them to each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment